A lot of us know someone that is trying to improve themselves (sometimes it is ourselves) and all that they may need sometimes is a few words of encouragement or someone to point them in the right direction. It could be something as simple as getting them into a routine of walking. Some will, some won't, but it shouldn't deter us from trying. Having made the statement, my goal is to get at least one person to be more physically active and to enjoy life a little more.
"My goal: to help, improve, and influence."
- On or before August 1, 2011 I want to have competed in at least (bare minimum) of 1 mini triathlon, or some other type of endurance race.
- Before August 1, 2011 I want to be able to do handstand push ups un-assisted.
- To be able to get a full 8 hours of restful sleep per night. Somewhere along the way we were taught and accepted that getting by on 4 hours of sleep and 12 cups of coffee was normal! In fact, it's actually abnormal and unhealthy!
- Starting this spring and thereafter my diet will be composed of as much as possible, local organic, direct from the farm foods. By the end of the summer I’ll have reliable sources for eggs, beef, chicken, organic fruits and vegetables.
- Become more consistent in my routine. I have the know how, the equipment, and the time (If not, I'll make time) to be "Going at it" at least 3 times a week.
- Schedule fun runs/obstacle course runs like Spartan Race, Warrior Dash, Rugged Maniac etc. with friends and/or family at least every 2 months..
- Training 1-2 times a week outdoors in the style of MovNat, or Fifth Ape, or just simply going out for a walk.
- Have a strong(er) personal family foundation.
- Gain at least 10 pounds of muscle.
As always, there is more, but that's good enough for now. It's out there for you to see and to remind me of my personal challenges and goals.